Pecan & White Chocolate Banana Loaf
If someone is coming over to the house for catch-ups, this is our go-to thing to whip up. Your friends will become your best friends after they get their lips around this. A few slices go down a treat with a pot of tea. It’s also full of bananas, so is totally one of your five a day. Also, if you can get your hands on some dried flower petals, sprinkle them over the top, once its done, for extra points.
· 125g (4½ oz) Kerrygold butter, melted
· 175g (6oz) plain flour
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
· ½ teaspoon of salt
· 150g (5oz) caster sugar
· 2 large, organic eggs
· 4 small, ripe bananas, mashed
· 100g (3½ oz) good-quality white chocolate, chopped into chunks
· 60g (2½ oz) pecans, chopped
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 x 900g (2lb) loaf tin
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
2. Brush the inside of the loaf tin with a bit of melted butter, then dust with flour.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter and sugar together.
5. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then whisk in the mashed bananas.
6. Add the white chocolate, pecans and vanilla.
7. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three stages, stirring after each addition.
8. Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 1-1¼ hours.
9. Slide a spatula around the edge of the loaf and leave in the tin to cool.
10. Now, devour.