Baked Feta, Roasted Lemon & Trofie Salad with Sesame Toasts
This Recipe is astonishingly beautiful, explosively colourful and the combination of flavours and textures combine to create the perfect summer dinner.
· Good quality feta
· Olive oil
· A few leaves of marjoram
Roasted lemon & Trofie salad
· 300g Trofie pasta
· 2 lemons sliced into thin rounds
· olive oil
· 2 sprigs of marjoram
· 150g radishes quartered
· small red onion sliced thinly
· 50g rocket
· handful of basil leaves
· handful of parsley leaves
· handful of dill chopped
· small mixed beetroot sliced thinly
· 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
· juice of 1 lemon
· 1 tbsp honey
· grated zest of an orange
· 100ml olive oil
· 4tbsp Lemon juice
· 2 cloves of garlic
· 50g butter
· juice of ½ small lemon
· small handful parsley leaves chopped
· 2 tbsp sesame seeds
· 4 slices of sourdough
To make salad:
1. Cook the Trofie pasta in salted boiling water until el dente. Drain and refresh with cold water to stop the pasta from cooking further.
2. Lay out the lemon slices on a roasting tray, douse with olive oil and season with salt and sprigs of marjoram.
Place in preheated oven on 220°c for 20 minutes until caramelised. Remove and allow to cool.
3. Slice the beetroot as thinly as possible, lay slices on a plate and drizzle with salt, lemon juice, white wine vinegar and honey. Leave for 30 minutes to marinate.
4. Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together with a pinch or two of salt.
5. In a large bowl mix the cooked trofie, radishes, onion, rocket and herbs and cooled lemon slices. Stir through the dressing gently along with the beetroot slices.
To make Baked Feta:
1. Preheat oven to 300°c.
2. Cut Feta into large chunks and place on an oven prove dish.
3. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with marjoram flowers.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes until soft.
To make the toasts:
1. Crush Garlic and mash into butter with salt, a splash of lemon juice and some parsley.
2. Melt in a shallow pan and add sesame seeds.
3. When the seeds turn golden turn the heat to moderate and add the bread to the pan and cook both sides until crisp and golden.
4. Drain on paper towels.
Assemble the salad on a large plate. Arrange the warm baked feta in the middle and garnish with herbs and cornflowers.